This is a step by step guide to show how to configure RNIF to File interface and test the scenario with Rosettanet Standard Tool Kit (RSTK).
The scenario is to pick file from FTP folder and then post message to RSTK tool via RNIF protocol. I have used 3B2 PIP (Shipment Notification) for this interface.
Prerequisite: Refer to this article about how to configure RSTK on Local Machine.
I assume you have a running RSTK instance and it is working fine. Let me know if any difficulties configuring from here.
At the end of the blog, you can download this RNIF configuration guide & Tool for your future reference.
I have split the article in two parts:
- Configuration Details for RNIF to File Interface
- Screen Shots of the Interface Configuration Steps
RNIF to File Configuration Details:
Party & Business Systems:
- PY_SOURCE_SYSTEM_FILE2RNIF | PIP3B2_V0100_Shipper |CC_FILE_SOURCE_SYSTEM_FILE2RNIF
- PY_TARGET_SYSTEM_FILE2RNIF | PIP3B2_V0100_Receiver |CC_RNIF_TARGET_SYSTEM_FILE2RNIF
Screen Shots of the Interface Configuration Steps:
Sender Party and Receiver Party has the 016-DUNS number which is 9 digits only. Make sure it is matched with the RSTK tool.
Create the Business Components:
Remember that business components must be as per the RNIF standard. For 3b2 PIP V01.00 the business component is PIP3B2_V0100_Shipper.
Create the Sender Agreement:
Create Receiver Agreement:
Read this steps carefully before running the interface:
- Run the RSTK Tool Kit first.
- Open the RSTK page and run with the userid.
- Select the 3B2, and following Settings as below:
- Press the submit button then the page will refresh and wait for incoming message
- Once the message is received, the page will indicate as test completed.
File picked by the Sender File channel:
Message in the SXMB_MONI:
Message should be received by RSTK tool Kit:
There will be difficulties while setting it up for the first time, I understand that but if you need any suggestion from me then let me know from here.