SAP PI 7.3 release fall in love with Java!
SAP PI 7.3 was major shift from SAP to move towards single stack installation which I think changed the way PI folks thinks about the future of PI.
I really love the features that came thru this major release which I think was the break point for SAP to move towards Java features like IDOC_AAE, HTTP_AAE, Integration Configuration (ICO), Advanced Adapter Engine, B2B Addons and Central monitoring using Solution Manager.
Some of the features which I liked:
SAP PI 7.3 Adapter / Interface Wise:
- Ability to transfer high size file using ICO.
- IDOC_AAE & HTTP_AAE adapter can be monitored using the RWB.
- HTTP_AAE enables to call the channel via external java program / web pages using simple HTTP post and get methods.
- IDOC_AAE support ALEAUDIT.
- Multi-mapping message split on AAE
- XI message packaging on AAE
B2B Addon (License cost req.):
- AS2, OFTP, SFTP Adapter Support
- EDI to XML and vice-versa Converter
- PGP Module support.
To continue reading on this topic click here